Duties & Responsibilities
The Human Resources Department provides support services to other departments so that they may focus on the services they provide to their customer.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for the successful administration of various employment-related systems and programs including employee recruitment, employee development, compensation and benefits management, employee relations, and risk management. The Human Resources Department’s activities both enhance community safety and promote the efficient and effective delivery of services to citizens.
- The mission of the Human Resources Department is to recruit and maintain an able and highly motivated work force and to assist the City government to operate in a financially responsible and fiscally sound manner.
- The City of Phenix City is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions for which they qualify regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or military status.
- The City of Phenix City is a drug-free workplace.
- There are approximately 400 full-time employees.
Applications are only taken through the Human Resources Department located at 1103 Broad Street. Applications are available for pick up and drop off during the following days:
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., ET
- Friday: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m., ET