Phenix City Municipal Court
The purpose of the Phenix City Municipal Court is to handle misdemeanor cases, traffic and non-traffic, and parking tickets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take pleas of GUILTY on traffic and non-traffic cases that appear on the payment schedule
- Process traffic and non-traffic cases turned in by police officers
- Issue warrants for citizens with probable cause
- Prepare documents for court
- Process warrants from court
- Take payments for fines
- Complete necessary paperwork for community service and probation orders
- 48-hour hearings
- Appeals, forfeitures, appearance bonds
Payment received by mail or drop box should be in the form of Money Order, Cashier’s Check, or Personal Check. There is a 24-hour drop box in the Phenix City Police Department. Payment must be in our office at least 24 hours prior to the court date on the ticket.
Traffic tickets or non-traffic tickets that are listed on the fines schedule can be paid at the window by the person that received the citation. You cannot pay someone else’s ticket unless they have already been in in front of the judge.
If you are unclear about your court date or the amount of the fine, please call 334-448-2780 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Eastern Time.
Please Note: If the case is not paid before your court date or you do not appear in court, a warrant of arrest will be issued and your driver’s license will be suspended.