Everyone is encouraged to check their voter registration to make sure it is current. Many people have moved and may have forgotten to update their voter registration.
Lee & Russell County Registrations
Phenix City is situated in Lee and Russell County
- For Phenix City’s Lee County Residents, the Lee County Board of Registrars number is 334-737-3635
- For Phenix City’s Russell County Residents, the Russell County Board of Registrars number is 334-298-1443
Residents may also visit the Alabama Secretary of State website for additional voter registration information.
Act 2011-673 states that Alabama Voters shall present a specific type of photo identification at the polls in order to vote. This law includes municipal elections. As taken from the Secretary of State’s website, the following forms of ID are acceptable:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Non-Driver’s ID
- Valid Alabama Photo Voter ID issued by the Secretary of State
- Valid State Issued ID issued by the State of Alabama or any other state, or the Unites States authorized by law to issue personal identification, provided that such identification card contains a photograph of the elector
- Valid US Passport
- Valid Employee ID containing a photograph of the elector and issued by any branch, department, agency or entity of the Federal Government, the State of Alabama, any County Government, Municipality, Board, Authority or other entity of this state
- Valid student or employee ID containing a photograph of the elector issued by a public or private college, university, in the State of Alabama (including postgraduate technical or professional schools)
- Valid US Military ID card provided that such identification car contains a photograph of the elector
- Valid Tribal Identification card containing a photograph of the elector.
For additional information regarding Voter ID or information on obtaining a valid Alabama Photo Voter ID, visit the Secretary of State website.