Curbside Garbage Service
The City of Phenix City provides garbage service through Advanced Disposal to the majority of residents that live within the city limits. Due to the city’s unique infrastructure and annexation lines, the quickest way to be certain whether or not your property is eligible for curbside garbage pickup is to call the Utilities Department at 334-448-2880. Customers who qualify for curbside pickup can fill out an application for new service and return it to the Utilities Department.
If you reside outside of the Phenix City limits and wish to receive garbage service, contact the following:
- Russell County Residents: Russell County Sanitation, 334-291-3232
- Lee County Residents: Contact a private garbage service
- Carts should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on scheduled collection day
- Customer may use the approved 90-gallon cart provided by Advanced Disposal and up to two additional sealed plastic bags and one 30-gallon container
- Ensure cart is free from any obstructions (vehicles, debris, or furnishings)
- Place cart at curb at least 2 feet from mailbox
- Place only household waste into cart
- Do not place anything on top of the cart
- Please allow up to five business days for the delivery of cart
- Any customer requiring “back door service” must be approved by the City of Phenix City
- Customer is responsible for the cleaning of the cart
The following items are not permitted to be disposed of with your household trash:
- Hazardous Waste
- Aerosol cans
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Motor oil
- Highly flammable / explosive waste materials
- Hot coal
- Infectious waste (including untreated medical waste, hospital waste, and dead poultry or other animals which do not pass federal and state regulations and Advanced Disposal’s acceptance guidelines for treatment of infectious waste prior to disposal)
- Radioactive waste materials
- Toxic waste materials
- Volatile waste materials
Advanced Disposal Holiday Schedule
There will be no pickup on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Routes will be pushed back by one day following a holiday. For example, if Christmas Day is Tuesday and your normal service day is Wednesday, you will be serviced on Thursday. Customers who are normally serviced on Friday of that week will be serviced on Saturday.
Bulk Items, Limbs & Debris
Bulk trash, limbs, debris, furniture, appliances, grass clippings, etc. are removed by the Phenix City Engineering and Public Works Department, and is offered to those who receive garbage service. Glance at the Limbs and Debris section to learn more or view the policies and procedures. Questions or concerns can be addressed by calling 334-448-2904.
The landfill, overseen by the Phenix City Engineering and Public Works Department, receives construction and demolition waste from citizens of Phenix City and Russell County. Review the landfill policies.
Lee County Residents
If you’re a resident of Phenix City – Lee County, please view the county website’s solid waste disposal information.